The seminar aims to give a brief insight into different possibilities and strategies of short film sales and distribution. The program is divided into two blocks.
On Friday, at ARTE Strasbourg, it will be focused on the traditional way of sales and distribution with the analysis of short films that are being bought by ARTE, as well as an introduction to the possibilities for sales of short films.
For the second session, on Saturday, we will look into production, festival distribution and alternative ways of distribution of short films (creating networks, online platforms etc).
The guest speakers are:
– Sabine Brantus, responsible for the short films at ARTE Strasbourg (France)
– Hannes Brühwiler, Interfilm Distribution (Germany)
– Dániel Deák, Co-founder of Daazo.com (Hungary)
– Ron Dyens, Sacrebleu Productions (France)
– Alexandra Heneka, Sales Department at KurzfilmAgentur Hamburg (Germany)
– Sébastien Bailly, Artistic Director, Festival du Cinéma de Brive (France)
– Gaia Meucci, Programmer, Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival (UK)
Friday January 25th :
15:00 – 17:30 ARTE Building
Saturday January 26th :
10:00 – 12:00 Fossé des Treize